Data Visualization Usage

Update on Project:

I have gathered some information to make the graphs for the population of Virginia and Alexandria City.  I am trying to make data visualizations of the population, the demography, and race of Alexandria City.  So far I have made graphs for everything but race.  I have been using population.us website to get my information on the numbers.  

I was introduced to Public Tableau by Professor Evans and I have to say, it is quite useful.  It is a bit tricky to use at first, but there are tutorials on the usage of the software.  Although the tutorials have been great, I've been just trying to learn as I go.  One can use HTML coding as well, but with Public Tableau it seems way easier.  I was able to download the software onto my MacBook.  I use Excel spreadsheets to download the data to make my graphs.  I've been using bar graphs, but for the race portion of my project, I am going to try using a pie graph.  Public tableau is also a very interesting site because it gives everyone the opportunity to post anything.  It is intriguing to see other people's works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Future for the Digital World

The Evolving Projects

Oh Historical Blogs!