Designs for Websites

(1) Consider the unit 4 websites with an eye to design considerations

All of the sites from the previous unit were very easy to navigate and appealing to the eye.  One that was very interesting in design, which I didn't catch the first time, was The Valley of the Shadow.  After you click Enter the Valley Archive, the first thing that caught my eye was the design of the page.  It is broken up to 3 sections (displayed down below) and each section has a link to click on to bring up the information needed.  The 3 sections look like tombs which is a very cool feature.      

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.17.35 PM.png

(2) Think about some web creation tool options, from complicated to simple

Some sites that would be great for designing websites would be any Google sites, Wix, Squarespace, and Bluefish.  Squarespace would probably be the easiest to use.  I've never used it myself, but I've seen commercials regarding the usage of Squarespace and how easily it assists with creating your own website.  If I have to choose I would try out Squarespace.  Wix would be my second option.

(3) Think in terms of a possible project and what sort of web presence you might need

I am still debating on what type of historical building I would want to choose in regards to doing a floor plan.  I'm wondering if it would be better to a more well known historical building or something that is more interesting and never thought much of.  I would also like to hear any ideas from others as well in regards to this.

Comments

  1. You might think in terms of a local building. See the list of some of our Northern Virginia sites on our preservation blog:
    https://blogs.nvcc.edu/preserve/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Post! (Updated slightly)

The Evolving Projects

The Future for the Digital World